Friday 21 March 2014

Families and Properties in the Irish censuses

If your ancestors were from the cities and towns of Ireland do not be surprised to find  the properties that they lived in still existing in 2014.

Only today I took a walk around the city. I was surprised to find some of the streets and lanes that one can see in the 1901 & 1911 censuses of Ireland.

If you google Crones Lane 1911 you will see the families that lived there, with images of the original census. 

See below Crone's Lane, Cork City 2014.





© Kevin McCormack Email me! click here

1 comment:

  1. I went to Dawsons Demense in Ardee where my family lived and it is very much the same as it would have been in 1840. I am researching John Coyle and his wife Mary Floody. There is a broken gravestone in the church yard at Dromin with "erected by John Coyle" written on it. A differenct John I think but I am interested in any possible leads. Cate Graceson graceson.cate@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete