Tuesday 19 August 2014

The Great Famine - An Gorta Mór Skibbereen, Co Cork

I have added some images from the burial ground in Skibbereen, Co Cork.

There are headstones of all shapes and sizes. Also here is the mass grave of some 9,000 victims.

If you have ancestry from West Cork and you are more than curious, I'm always willing to help out.














If you are visiting Ireland and you have an interest in your ancestry. Please attempt to visit places like Skibbereen ......not only is it  interesting but very moving too.

To learn more about the subject read here.

I am an only an email away if you need some advice. Email me! click here

2 comments:

  1. Kevin, I've been studying that moment in history for thirty years, and I can't get over the sadness it brings. If only the world could learn! Every father with a starving child today is brother to our ancestors. There is no need for hunger. We are smart enough to figure this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Kevin for sharing these very moving and poignant photos

    ReplyDelete